-Objectives-

As a golf superintendent I'm passionate about providing an enjoyable golf experience by producing great golf conditions. Each day I strive to improve conditions, and develop new ideas to give golfers the biggest bang for their buck. This blog gives me the opportunity to update golfers with my goals, ideas and course issues. I welcome input from the golfers I serve, thus giving me the ability to meet their needs.


























Sunday, June 6, 2010

The progress report

Its been a bit since I've posted my last blog, and alot of progress has been made at Warnimont. First off we got our pump screen back, which has allowed us to get our pump up and running to the proper pressure for our irrigation system. We had a problem with a transducer(a sensor which allows the computer to read pressure) and with our new screen we were able to diagnose the problem and fix it. But unfortunately we still have to water in the early morning because of a high pressure alarm, which hopefully will be resolved so the watering can be done automatically at night. This would be ideal because it would save us on man power and the condition of the greens would be better for our early morning golfers. We have also begun the installation of our new tee signs and posts, which will most likely be completed this week. The signs we had at the tees boxes we falling apart from extreme weather, and some didn't even have the yardage sign at all! Although the signs are handmade, they look nice and will add some aesthetics to the course, and now it won't be a guessing game for the golfers who are wondering what hole they are on and the yardage of it. We also received some more money that was added to the seasonal budget, which allowed me to focus more on the equipment maintenance, since a mojority of it was severely neglected. The equipment maintenance was quite a challenge for me, but now I'm definately getting the hang of it. Our reel mowers are looking more uniform, mechanics and adjustments are being taken care of, oil and hydraulic leaks are fixed, and proper mower maintenance is being taught to the crew and they are all catching on quickly! I must say I'm very pleased with my crew, they are doing a great job and I couldn't get a crew better than them.

No comments:

Post a Comment